Specialties and working style
I'm an experienced Front-end Engineer with 12 years of designing and creating high-quality web experiences. My continuous build experience in agile environments, combined with with leading engineering teams, a deep knowledge of user experience and expertise in building styleguides and industry best practices has led me to a passion for implementing and overseeing user-friendly interfaces.
May 2019 - November 2019
Leading the UX developers through a company rebrand.
- Create branded reusable React components.
- Developing a styleguide and deploying styles within React and static templates.
- Roll out a new Sass workflow and converting outdated CSS files with new branding.
- Document internal process and create new efficient development workflows.
- Leading various agile process improvements for team productiveness.
- A/B test various site features.
October 2016 - Present
I created a small agency for web development and consulting. Below are my primary clients for front-end and UI/UX.
March 2019 - June 2019
Worked on improving the UX, page speed, image optimizations and developing new pages for soludos.com.
- Built a user-interactive React app within Shopify.
- Benchmarked and implemented a site-wide image and video optimization project.
- Retroactively applied Shopify Slate to a static Shopify theme.
- Effectively increased page speed by 30%. Some pages saw a 5-6s total improvement.
May 2017 - December 2018
I built a new Shopify store and maintained a WordPress informational site.
- Acted as "the web team" and assisted with all updates and new website features.
- Created a custom Shopify theme.
January 2017 - Present
Travel website and branded content creation company, with clients worldwide in the travel and lifestyle industry.
- 100% custom-built website using Jekyll.
- Created an image deployment system with S3 and imgix.
- Integrated CMS, GitHub-hosted project with Netlify deployments.
- Built Mapbox API integration for geotagged articles.
- Optimized structured data, SEO feature-rich and optimized page speed.
October 2016 - August 2018
In-house front-end specialist and transitioned to in-house contracting.
- Owned and lead the presentational development of Aetion's internal app.
- Built a styleguide that helped transform a new branding style.
- Implemented a strategy for deploying a new site theme on top of an active product (using Angular JS).
- Built presentational React components.
October 2016 - February 2018
Redesigning an internal sales tool for Spotify.
- Developed a front-end Node.js app with CMS integrations.
- Built a responsive Spotify app clone that displayed user data from the CMS.
charity: water | New York, NY
June 2013 - January 2017
charity: water is a nonprofit that brings clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries all over the world. As the lead front-end engineer, I worked with a team of back-end engineers in an agile development process. I owned the site maintenance and internal styleguide.
- Built an internal styleguide and developed an internal design language.
- Maintained and built all new marketing pages, the custom donation platform and the fundraising platform.
- Assisted in implementing a new email provider.
- Created an efficient build process for marketing and transactional emails.
- Built a front-end build process for asset deployment.
- Led a project to archive all legacy and outdated static site pages.
King Design LLC | Philadelphia, PA
June 2010 - June 2013
Because I was on a small team, I had quite a few roles and responsibilities:
- Set up clients with their own hosting and managed domain transfers.
- Created CMS-driven websites from designs.
- Designed and developed small informational websites for small businesses.
- Acted as our office IT and tech support department for anyone in the office who experienced issues.